Saturday, June 30, 2007

How I Lost 40 Pounds in Six Weeks!

It was the happiest day of my life! I was running down the concourse of the airport to catch my plane to a new life - in the Air Force. I felt free and alive for the first time in my life.

At first the Air Force didn't want me, because I was overweight!

But I did it! I lost the weight! I went from 165 pounds to 125 pounds. I made it! I felt fantastic! A whole new wardrobe of sizes 10's and 11's were waiting for me.

I lost 40 pounds in six weeks eating--only protein and drinking lots of water.

I drank a lot of water and took multi-vitamin pills. I kept busy looking for a job, playing golf, swimming,

and drawing. In the mornings I did 15 sit-ups and 50 running in place. There was one consolation about not eating, no food bills. MacDonald's was next door. Smelling those Big Mac's drove me crazy.

I was feeling much better about myself and saw the difference. My clothes were getting baggy and lose. The high protein diet was made for me, because I loved meat, eggs, cheese, and fish.

Two scrambled eggs (no butter), with tea made a good breakfast. I mixed tuna and shrimp. Some chicken, cheese, a hard boiled

egg was another meal. A piece of cheese melted between two thin broiled hamburger patties was a favorite of mine. I had some cottage cheese with it. A take home box of chicken would last for three meals. I took the skin off. Plus I drank 8-10 glasses of water a day.

Then I had to wait six months before going active duty. During that summer I had a great time; biking, hiking, swimming, golfing. I ate fresh fruits, vegetables, and watched what I ate. I was full of energy. I lost some more weight.

And during basic training, I lost even more weight. All that marching and running around, then eating military food! I was 115 pounds!

The key to the whole thing was I wanted it bad enough to make any diet work! I don't recommend the protein diet to anyone. It was mine. You have to find your own, and I'm willing to help you.

I use to be shy, backward, naive, and very heavy, 165 pounds at 5 foot 4 inches tall.

My life changed forever. I have been studying nutrition and fitness since, and now as a Wellness Coach I help others do the same.

Kathy Thompson, Wellness Coach, developed "A Dieter's Best Friend!" This new Powerful Tape is a great companion for anyone on a diet. At last, a chance to lose weight, keep it off, and live a long healthy life. http://www.faceuptoit-youcan.com/attitude.html Or Contact Kathy at; healthyu@faceuptoit-youcan.com

Side Note: Here A Plan


No comments: